Wrestleblog
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
  The end....
You know, I've been sticking around with the new ECW since its inception. I've been watching each episode, hoping that a little of the magic of the original ECW would shine through. And for a few weeks, that is what happened. For a while, we got to see something good, even if it was only 5 minutes out of each episode. But slowly, inexorably, those sparks got smashed out. ECW has been fully converted over to Just Another WWE "Brand." The departure of Paul Heyman (which is still hard to believe) is a physical manifestation of the de-ballsing of ECW. And according to Good Ol' J.R.'s blog, it's only going to get worse. Jim Ross himself said that fans of the old ECW are not going to be happy with the direction the new ECW is heading in.

All signs point to ECW going from bad to worse. All signs point to me being a fool for sticking around, hoping that ECW is going to get better. And so, I'm not gonna.

I QUIT!

I am done with ECW. And I think I am done with pro wrestling, too. The bits of pro wrestling that I personally find entertaining are gone. In their place are these moronic "entertainment" personalities (e.g. John Cena) and storylines (Kevin Federline?). This is not entertainment, it is CRAP! And quite frankly, it's just not worth my time to sit through this crap anymore.

So this is the end. For now, for certain. In the future? Who can say?
- Biffster
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
A cynic's view of professional wrestling, ranting about WWE, TNA and more!

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 /


Powered by Blogger